We LOVE Amazon!!!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Orginazation, function, preperation!

I was talking to someone recently about staying on task when the kids ask for something every 5 seconds. As a full time student, mom, wife, chef, chauffeur, friend, neighbor, house cleaner, and so on...my day is packed. I really don't have a lot of down time. So to keep the house clean, laundry done, food prepared and so on, I need to stay on task.
Some things I do that REALLY help are
1. filled sippy cups in the fridge-I make sure there are always a few water bottles, sippy cups, bottles...whatever it may be, filled and ready to go. Then they can get them for themselves.
2. Snacks in baggies ready to grab-my kids are big eaters and are hungry all the time. I keep carrots and fruit in the bottom drawer of the fridge. I also put cereal in baggies that they can grab. This is so much cheaper than the other snacks you can by and fortified with vitamins.
3. Activity Bins- if I have to study or work on eBay I tell my kids to grab a bin if they are bored. I have one with puzzles, one with coloring supplies and so on. If you keep these big bins and seperate toys in categories they are so much easier to keep organized and easier for the kids to handle themselves.
4. Give them a baby wipe- again if I need them busy or they are fighting or just simply makig me crazy...I hand them each a hand full of baby wipes and have them wipe down doors, handles, molding, walls...whatever they can find. Amazing the stuff they'll clean off and be entertained.
Please share your ideas as well. These are just some few that work for us.

2 comments: